Based on the responses received from a previous post on 10 places to get natural hair products in Canada and my promise to make another list solely on online beauty supplies, here are some online stores that sells natural hair products in Canada. If you happen to live in a secluded area where the Black population or natural hair community is very few, your only resort might be online stores such as the ones below. So, in no particular order, here are online stores where you can conveniently buy your hair products. Please leave additional links in the comment box below for websites that I didn’t include in the list.
1. Roots to Curls: I am excited to list this company first because I personally met the co-owners of the company at the Toronto Natural Hair & Beauty Show in September. Sophia and Janet are two naturalistas, long time friends and in-laws who started this e-store out of the necessity for increased product selection for Canadian Naturalistas. This website carries popular product lines such as Anita Grant, Wonder Curl, Obia Natural, TGIN, and Koils by Nature just to name a few. This website is more than a store, Sophia and Janet also have a blog section where they provide healthy hair care tips to their customers and readers. These ladies are on social media, so be sure to check them out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@rootstocurls) for sales and promotions.
2. Curl Bar: Though this is a salon, curl bar, like many other salons also sells hair products which their customers can purchase to take home with them. Curl bar also offers an online shop where you can purchase popular hair products even if you live outside of Toronto. The salon is owned by Trudie Mulalu.
3. Curls and Confidence: If you’ve been looking a curl subscription box services in Canada, then you’ve come to the right place! Curls and confidence is a monthly curly hair subscription box where by, you can subscribe to receive full-size and travel size natural hair products with a value up to $75 for only $23/month. You also have the option to make a one-time purchase, in case you want to try them out first. They also just introduced their first Beauty Box – Beauty and Confidence, featuring natural skin, body, and hair products. Curls and Confidence is also a Canadian distributor for the brands featured and will have the products available for purchase directly on the site. Curls & Confidence is owned and operated by Christina, whose main goal is to help her clients discover new products, inspire them to embrace natural beauty and to live confidently.
4. Beautiful Black Hair is an online beauty supply store which has pretty much everything you would go to your local beauty supply store. For anyone living outside of Toronto or the GTA where Black beauty services are rare or non-existent, this is probably the best website to go to. The natural hair care section on the website has major hair line such as Alikay Naturals, Curl Junkie, Karen Body Beautiful, just to name a few. And if shipping is an issue when it comes to online shopping, this website, offers free shipping on orders over $100.
5. Diane Beauty Supply: Although their natural hair care product line isn’t as vast as beautiful black hair, this online beauty supply store has product lines such as Jessicurl, Curl Junkie and Curls.
6. Queens Beauty Supply is a beauty supply store in Brampton which also has an online store. They carry products such as Carols Daughter, Uncle Funky’s and Kinky Curly products.
7. Amazon.ca: How can I forget the nation’s largest e-commerce store? A quick search on the website will direct you to individual retailers who are selling your favourite hair products. The only difference between the Canadian website and the American one is that shipping isn’t always free and cheap since these products are being sold by stores independent of Amazon.
Am I missing any website? Please leave the link below in the comment box. Thanks 🙂