Rubberband hairstyles have been trending these days. They are appropriate for any age group, hair type, and even hair length. This is a quick go-to hairstyle you can spice up for a casual or formal occasion.
To install this hairstyle, you will need a rubber band pack of your choice. You can choose black or colorful rubber band packs.
To have some fun with this hairstyle, you can switch up the arrangement of the rubber bands into a criss-cross pattern, twists, or whatever you fancy.
Is it bad to put a rubber band in your hair?
No, it’s not bad. Most women with 4c hair will dip the rubber bands into some oil so that it’s easier to take them off without causing breakage.
How do I get the elastics out of my hair?
Use a small pair of scissors or a special rubber band remover such as this one to cut out the rubber bands and be very careful to take them off. You don’t want to rush this process, otherwise, you might end up with breakage.
How do I style short 4c hair in a rubber band hairstyle?
The video below by Adanna Madueke shows how to creatively style your short 4c hair in a rubber band hairstyle.
The good thing is that rubber band hairstyles are quick and easy to install which means that you can get it done yourself, even if you don’t know how to do your own hair. For a fancy look, you can get the help of your hairstylist if you’re going for more intricate hairstyles.
40 Stylish Rubber Band Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next Hairstyle
These pictures are all sourced from Pinterest. To be credited for your personal picture, please contact me with the exact picture and I’ll be sure to credit you.
Also, this post contains affiliate links which means that I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you when you make a purchase with my referral link.
1) Loose Top Bun with Colorful Rubber Bands
2) Rubber Band Hairstyle with a High Bun and Accessories
3) Sleek Bun Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle on Short 4c Hair
4) All-Around Squared Rubber Band in a Bun
5) Cornrow and Rear Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Messy Bun
6) Front Sweep with Defined Edges Rubber Band Hairstyle
7) Yellow Rubber Bands on TWA 4c Hair
8) Criss Cross Rubber Band in a Top Knot
9) Freestyle Frontal Rubber Band in a Bun
10) Accessorized Criss Cross Rubber Band with Cornrows at The Back with Pink Highlights Bun
11) Chunky Rubber Bands with an Afro Puff Drawstring
12) Rolled Rectangular Rubber Bands in a Dramatic Afro Puff Drawstring
13) Rubber Band Hairstyles With a Ponytail
14) Two Strand Twists and Fulani Cornrow Rubber Band in a Marley Hair Bun
15) Criss Cross with Cornrows in a Wavy Messy Bun
16) Elegantly Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Sleek Bun
17) Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Natural Hair Clip-in Bun
To change up this hairstyle, you can either leave the clip-in hair out or in a messy bun. It’s best to get a clip-in hair extension that matches your hair texture.
18) Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Bun
19) Twisted Rubber Band with Fulani Cornrow and Jerry Curl Crochet Ponytail
20) Rubber Band Hairstyle with a Wavy Ponytail
21) Elegant Rubber Band Style in an Updo For Weddings and Special Occasions
You will need white rubber bands and a talented hairstylist that can replicate this hairstyle.
22) Colorful Criss Cross Rubber Band Hairstyle with Side Cornrows in Double Space Buns
23) Stitch Cornrows in a Ponytail with Rubber Bands
This is a perfect hairstyle for someone who wants a sleek ponytail, without worrying too much on how smooth their hair will turn out. You can simply style the front section of your hair and sleek the back section.
24) Rubber Band Natural Hairstyle with Curls
25) Fulani Braided Cornrow Rubber Band Style in a Blue Afro Drawstring Puff
Criss-Cross Rubber Band Hairstyle Ideas To Try
Sleek Ponytail Hairstyles on Black Hair
40 Perm Rods Hairstyles Ideas on Natural Hair
20 Natural Hair Clip-in hair Extensions Hairstyles
10 Natural Hair Protective Hairstyles With No Extensions
26) Criss-Cross Rubber Band Box Braids
27) Glitter Braided Criss Cross Unicorn Rubber Band Hairstyle, Perfect for Teens
28) Side Sweep Rubber Bands on 4a Hair
As you can see, you don’t have to be good at parting your hair, you can just freestyle like this hairstyle right here. To achieve this fro, just comb your hair out, but please note that your fro will look different if you don’t have the same hair texture.
29) Rectangular Parts Rubber Bands Accessorized with Colorful Braid Rings, Tucked into Double Space Buns.
30) Half-Up, Half-Down Rubber Band Hairstyle on Long Hair
This hairstyle can be achieved with your own hair or natural hair clip-in extensions.
31) Yellow Rubber Bands with Side Sweep Laid Edges
32) Wash and Go With Mini Rubber Bands at the Front
33) Criss Cross Rubber Band with 4c Twist Out
34) Rubber Band Hairstyle with Straight Hair Extensions
If you want to wear straight hair without compromising the texture of your hair, you can style the front section in your hair with rubber bands, and install some virgin hair at the back.
35) Side Sweep Rubber Band Two Strand Twists With a Twist Out
36) Finger Coils with Accessorized Rubber Bands in the Middle
This simple half-up, half-down hairstyle is so beautiful. It’s easy to style if you are patient and willing to perfect your hairstyle. To get the best results, you will need a curl-defining gel such as the Camile Rose Aloe Whipped Gel, small perm rods, black rubber bands, edge control gel, and an edge brush.
37) Side Rubber Band Hairstyle with Twist Out Bangs
38) Side Rubber Band with Thick Fluffy Braid Out on 4c Hair
This hairstyle is so beautiful and elegant. To recreate the hairstyle, you will need a curl-defining cream such as the ones recommended in this post, rubber bands, edge control gel, and edge brush to lay your edges.
39) Side Part Rubber Band With Coils
To get the curly look, you will need small perm rod sets such as these ones.
40) Braid Out With Simple Rubber Band Style and Flat Twists
As you can see, rubber band hairstyles can be elegant or casual. You can get them done yourself since they are so easy, or you can get the help of a hairstylist if you are looking for something fancy.
Which one of these hairstyles have you tried in the past and which one will you be trying next? Let me know on Instagram.