Rubber band hairstyles seems to be trending these days. They are appropriate on any age, hair type and even hair length. This is a quick go-to hairstyle you can spice up for a casual or formal occasion. To install this hairstyle, you will need a rubber band pack of your choice. You can choose black or colorful rubber band packs. To have some fun with this hairstyle, you can switch up the arrangement of the rubber bands into a criss-cross pattern, twists or whatever you fancy.
Is it bad to put a rubber band in your hair?
No it’s not bad. Most women with 4c hair will dip the rubber bands into oil, so that it’s easier to take them off without causing breakage.
How do I get the elastics out of my hair?
Use a small pair of scissors to cut out the rubber bands and be very careful to take them off. You don’t want to rush this process, otherwise, you might end up with breakage.
How do I style short 4c hair in a rubber band hairstyle?
This video by Adanna Madueke shows how to creatively style your short 4c hair in a rubber band hairstyle.
The good thing is that rubber band hairstyles are so quick and easy to install which means that you can get it done yourself, even if you don’t know how to do your own hair. For a fancy look, you can get the help of your hairstylist if you’re going for more intricate hairstyles.
How to Comb Kinky 4c Natural Hair Without Pain
10 Natural Hair Growth Products To Speed Up Growth and Grow Your Edges
5 Reasons Why The Ends of Your Natural Hair are so Fragile and Weak
6 Best Times to Moisturize Your Natural Hair
10 Types of Hair Professionals | How To Choose The Right One For Your Natural Hair
5 Ways to Grow Your Edges Back
40 Stylish Rubber Band Hairstyles To Inspire Your Next Hairstyle
These pictures are all sourced from Pinterest. To be credited for your personal picture, please contact me with the exact picture and we’ll be sure to credit you.
1) Loose Top Bun with Colorful Rubber Bands
2) Rubber Band Hairstyle with a High Bun and Accessories
3) Sleek Bun Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle on Short 4c Hair
4) All Around Squared Rubber Band in a Bun
5) Cornrow and Rear Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Messy Bun
6) Front Sweep with Defined Edges Rubber Band Hairstyle
7) Yellow Rubber Bands on TWA 4c Hair
8) Criss-Cross Rubber Band in a Top Knot
9) Freestyle Frontal Rubber Band in a Bun
10) Accessorized Criss-Cross Rubber Band with Cornrows at The Back with Pink Highlights Bun
11) Chunky Rubber Bands in Gold Braids Accessories and an Afro Puff Drawstring
12) Box Twisted Rubber Band Hairstyles in an Afro Puff Drawstring
13) Side Fro-hawk Rubber Band Hairstyles
14) Two Strand Twists and Fulani Cornrow Rubber Band in a Marley Hair Bun
15) Criss Cross with Cornrows in a Wavy Messy Bun
16) Elegantly Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Sleek Bun
17) Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Natural Hair Clip-in Bun
18) Simple Rubber Band Hairstyle in a Bun
19) Twisted Rubber Band with Fulani Cornrow and Natural Hair Extension Ponytail
20) Burgundy Twist-out with Criss-Cross Rubber Band At the Front
21) Elegant Rubber Band Style in an Updo For Weddings and Special Ocassions
22) Colorful Criss-Cross Rubber Band Hairstyle with Side Cornrows in Double Space Buns
23) DIY Cornrow and Rubber Band Style in a Curly Bun
24) Rubber Band Natural Hairstyle with an Afro Puff
25) Fulani Braided Cornrow Rubber Band Style in a Blue Afro puff Drawstring Puff
26) Teenage Colorful Rubber Band Style in a Bun
27) Accessorized Rubber Bands in Marley Hair Bun
28) Frontal Rubber Bands with a Curly Fro.
The curls are achieved with roller sets.
29) Rectangular Parts Rubber Bands Accessorized with Colorful Braid Ring, Tucked in a Double Space Bun
30) Half Up, Half Down Rubber Band Hairstyle on Long Hair
This hairstyle can be achieved with your own hair or natural hair clip-in extensions.
31) Yellow Rubber Bands with Side Sweep Laid Edges
32) Wash and Go With Mini Rubber Bands at the Front
33) Criss-Cross Rubber Band with 4c Twist Out
34) Top Knot Rubber Band Style on 3c Hair
If you have shorter hair, you can achieve this style with natural hair clip-ins of your choice.
35) Side Sweep Two Strand Twists Rubber Band With a Twist Out
36) Finger Coils with Boxed Accessorized Rubber Bands in the Middle
37) Side Rubber Band Style with Twist Out Bangs
38) Side Rubber Band with Thick Fluffy 4c Hair
39) Unicorn Themed Braided Rubber Band Hairstyle, Perfect for Teens
40) Braid Out With Simple Rubber Band Style and Flat Twists
Which one of these hairstyles have you tried in the past and which one will you be trying next?