One of the reasons why a lot of us are product junkies or became one is because we were recommended several products which promises great results for our coils, only for the products to turn out to be mediocre or just average.
Before we get into the content, I want to let you know that I’ve prepared a special regimen that will help you to retain moisture in your hair for at least a week long.
Simply click on the link below to get your FREE copy.
So, how do you make sure that you spend your money on the right products so that your collection of products will be used a few times before they are passed on to another curly friend?
In this post, I want to highlight five methods I use to prevent me from becoming a natural hair junkie and save my money.
1. Quality of Review: While watching a product review, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the review all positive?
- Is the product rated 10/10?
- Did the vlogger promised all sunshine and roses?
You can also check to find out if the video is company sponsored, as company sponsored reviews are often heavily skewed.
Though it’s ultimately up to you as the consumer to make your own decision based on what you believe to be true.
2. Verified purchase review
Check to see what others have to say about the specific product on hair forums and comments left on the video itself. We can all agree that word of mouth is the biggest form of advertisement and so make sure you read about what others have to say about the product, because chances are that they purchased the products with their own money and so their reviews will be more balanced. Also, try and read what others with similar hair texture and characteristics have to say about the product.
3. Read product ingredient and decide for yourself.
After you’ve watched the video and read what others have to say about it, you’ll need to research what’s in the product to find out if the quality of the ingredients is worth the price. These key findings will help you decide if the product will work with the other products you have on hand and if it will work for your hair type.
A Naturalista with an adequate knowledge on Ingredients will be able to look past the colorful packaging and descriptions when deciding on products to purchase.
4. Wait a while before rushing out to purchase the product. This delay will buy you some time to decide if the product is really worth your money. It will also allow for a more balanced review on the product as the product won’t necessarily be the next best thing for every customer, though it might seem that way when it was initially released.
5. Share your review. After you’ve made a purchase on a product which seems promising, remember to share your personal and truthful opinion about the product on sites that recommends the products
Bonus Tip: You can also keep an eye out for special sales and discounts from your favorite products. You can also order samples and buy sample packs when available. This way, you can determine if it’s wort buying the full sized product.
CLICK TO PIN THIS IMAGE ON YOUR PINTEREST BOARD