This is a great mix to use when taking down a protective style or when doing a wet detangling. It melts into the hair and makes it slippery enough for knots and tangles to slip off the hair without using a comb to tear through the hair.
In a spritz bottle, combine
– a generous amount of a slippery conditioner such as Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, or any other “moisturizing” conditioner
– olive oil
– * coconut oil (optional)
– * honey (optional)
– Enough lukewarm water to give a creamy consistency
Basic recipe should be conditioner, oil and water
- I am not providing an exact measurement as the measurements used will be solely determined by the length and thickness of the hair.
*warm water helps open the cuticles and expands the hair so that essential ingredients in the conditioner can easily penetrate into the hair shaft, allowing the conditioner to do its job and fast!
– Warm mixture in a warm water bath for about 10-15 minutes by placing the spritz bottle in a bowl of warm water. I usually use this 10min down time to prep my other products, hair tools and hair for a hair spa
– Shake it up and spritz mixture into workable hair sections, making sure to target the ends of your hair
– Detangle the hair either with your fingers or with a wide tooth comb. Always start detangling from the ends and then work your way up towards the roots
– Twist each section back after detangling it
– Be slow and gentle , you shouldn’t feel any pain when detangling
To keep the mixture warm, keep the spray bottle in the warm water bath while you work through your hair.