After posting the 30 quotes about Black women’s natural hair, I want you to read what some of our Black men had to say in these 14 natural hair quotes. in this post, Even though natural hair is such a beautiful hair texture, it’s probably the only hair texture that is so controversial.
Since both Black men and women have natural hair, I just wanted to see what they have to say about their hair and possibly find out if they have the same hair struggles as us women.
natural hair quotes
1) “Trust the universe and respect your hair”. – Bob Marley
2) “Don’t remove the kinks from your hair, remove it from your brain”. Marcus Garvey
3) “Who taught you to hate the color of your skin? Who taught you to hate the texture of your hair? Who taught you to hate the shape of your nose and the shape of your lips? Who taught you to hate yourself from the top of your head to the soles of your feet? Who taught you to hate your own kind?” – MALCOLM X
4) “The hair is the richest ornament of women” – Martin Luther King Jr.
5) “For the first few years of my life my mom used to cut my hair so there were a lot of bowl-cut hair styles”. Ne-Yo
6) “I like hair each and every way. I like to give scalp massages – to pull and tug on it. But my favorite style is long, real hair in a dusty blonde-brown color”. – Trey Songz
7) “I get facials, I get a manicure and pedicure every week, I get my hair cut, and I oil myself down from head to toe”. – Bernie Mac
8) “In time we grow older, we grow wiser, we grow smarter, and we’re better. And I feel like I’m becoming more seasoned, although I don’t have my salt-and-pepper hair”. – Usher
9) “A man who cuts his hair is like a tree without leaves”. – Rastafarian Proverb
10) “My worst hair experience was when I was trying to relax my hair and my grandmother did it. It went all straight and I looked like a black Bee Gee”. – Jamie Foxx
11) “Sometimes, you let the hair do the talking”. – James Brown
12) “To me, the Seventies were very inspirational and very influential. I just love the Seventies style, the way all the players dressed nice, you know, kept their hair looking good”. – Snoop Dogg
13) “I’m always trying to push the envelope and go with a different hairstyle that you’re not going to see on anybody else. I have a really good grade of hair, and I can do a lot of different things with it”. – David Otunga
14) “Gray hair is God’s graffiti”. – Bill Cosby